• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Disable some mods
I found a folder inside my instances folder that is called "disabledmods" Im just guessing but if you place the mods there wouldnt set them as disabled? If so the ingame lag will be reduced anyway. How to remove them so we can remove the mods as well I have no idea. I hope ruud can read all this soon.
Keep in mind that removing/adding any mods that come with new blocks, or otherwise modify world generation, will break the seamless nature of world generation for new chunks.
Better explaining that remark: World data that was already generated will remain unchanged. However, chunks that are generated later have the potential to be drastically different than the terrain around it. This causes things like a sudden giant vertical cliff appearing in the middle of the ocean, when new chunks are generated.
This is also true between different version of Minecraft itself; consequently, many communities decide to reset their servers after version updates in order to create a more sane appearance across the server and introduce new blocks.

In addition to the above, removing a mod that introduces new blocks may also just completely break the server, as it tries to handle block data for blocks that don't exist.
But disabling those mods wouldnt cause any fatal issue wont it? If not I dont understand why there is a folder called disabled mods. But if even that would break the server then I guess only me and Munkei will play on that server.. Sad
(07-23-2015, 12:40 AM)Agent Wrote: Keep in mind that removing/adding any mods that come with new blocks, or otherwise modify world generation, will break the seamless nature of world generation for new chunks.
Better explaining that remark: World data that was already generated will remain unchanged. However, chunks that are generated later have the potential to be drastically different than the terrain around it. This causes things like a sudden giant vertical cliff appearing in the middle of the ocean, when new chunks are generated.
This is also true between different version of Minecraft itself; consequently, many communities decide to reset their servers after version updates in order to create a more sane appearance across the server and introduce new blocks.

In addition to the above, removing a mod that introduces new blocks may also just completely break the server, as it tries to handle block data for blocks that don't exist.

In other words, we need to start the world all over again or make do with the excessive mods....?

I'm alright with losing my hideout but not sure if anyone else want to lose their hard work and all.... Sad
you guys need better computers Wink
(07-23-2015, 12:46 PM)Munkei Wrote: you guys need better computers Wink

Kinda' sorta'.. but not everyone can be The Yosh and drop dolla' bills on a desktop. Hell, Super-kh plays RenX at 9FPS.... Apparently we have A LOT of ancient machines to deal with, it's why I test my RenX mods and stuff with my laptop in power-save mode, otherwise I wouldn't have the slightest clue if I was blowing up cheaper systems.
Busy writing everything, for everyone, for things I don't even know if I care about.
(07-23-2015, 12:46 PM)Munkei Wrote: you guys need better computers Wink

No I don't need that. I need better internet. Problem is that this country is crawling with bad net.
Holy shit super plays at 9fps? Thats unreal ! We must raise a fund for him haha.

I thought the problem with the server was that the heavy mod usage affected the fps . Ive had trouble with lag and performance issues with MC in the past and it all came down to my java installation.
using optifine could also raise your fps a lot but cant help with connection. I just tried it yesterday and I went from playing on 20-50 fps to 60-90. Insane.
Optifine has helped me in the past. A good client side mod and i recommend getting it if you are having performance issues

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon