Poll: Dem Snipers?
Remove Snipers
Remove nubjet, balance 500
Keep both and re-balance
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snipers in Ren X
Well... since the community dev section is pretty much defunct and the normal forums can be a cesspool of stupidity, I would like to know how CT feels about snipers in Ren X. 

Do you think snipers should be:

1) Removed altogether
2) Remove the scrubjet and balance the 500
3) Both kept but re-balanced

Personally I hate snipers and don't think they fit into this game.  You drop 1000 credits on a Mobius, walk out the door on walls and BOOM there goes your head to some 500 BHS camping on the top on walls.  Shit makes no sense, yo.

Oh here, let me walk through the tunnels on Islands.  Lol, jk.  It's scrub-sniper city down there.
It was okay back then because mice were shitty and mousemats were shitty so everyone's aim was just above being shitty but now it's too easy to score a headshot accidentally even when noscoping.

Time to get with the times, maaaaaan.
What about making snipers a real sniper? Could it be possible to get more damage on a distance and less when close? Some people use a sniper as a handgun on short range and this shouldn't be possible. Or make a sniper only accurate when scoped. Yeah I know why this wasn't done: arcade feeling. It would also help to make a sniper slower or more vulnerable. If I get shot by one in X-Mountain I really hate it, but if he / she took the time to find a decent spot it's his / her merit. Also keep in mind the person is pretty useless to his / her team in most cases.

Also add a 'hard limit' to snipers. Last week we played Islands (which I mentioned I hate, and this is especially why..) and we lost ref from the start while playing 12 vs 12 or something. After this NOD camped our base but DIDN'T attack anymore. Instead they had someone blocking both base entrances and 4 ~ 7 snipers walking around. Can you imagine on a 12 playerbase game? Not to mention SBH's....

Personally I hate snipers, but if we remove everything I hate this game will soon be stripped. So I think both snipers should at least be there in some way.
I will note that if you buy a 1k character and aren't cautious of your distant surroundings then you're being a bit too cocky and should zig-zagg more often, on the other hand regardless of which sniper rifle a 1k character should be immune to a 1-headshot-kill, 90% damage maybe but certainly not insta.
We must bear in mind that without snipers we would have nobody to kill engi's and techs/hotties during those MRLS/Arty bombardments so they do serve at least one defensively offensive purpose in a way, keep 500 sniper, put Ramjet in a crate.

(10-06-2015, 10:29 PM)Ryz Wrote: What about making snipers a real sniper? Could it be possible to get more damage on a distance and less when close? Some people use a sniper as a handgun on short range and this shouldn't be possible. Or make a sniper only accurate when scoped. Yeah I know why this wasn't done: arcade feeling. It would also help to make a sniper slower or more vulnerable. If I get shot by one in X-Mountain I really hate it, but if he / she took the time to find a decent spot it's his / her merit. Also keep in mind the person is pretty useless to his / her team in most cases.

I like this suggestion.
I can appreciate the time it took to headshot my zig-zagging ass successfully a little more if this were to be the re-balancing tweak.
Remove them. People can snipe with a pic/rave if they want to "snipe" that badly.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to xnaquada for this post:
  • DoctorB0NG
For me, snipers are essential in this type of game. The real reason why they are annoying in my opinion is that they are always accurate. Where you point your mouse is where it shoots which makes sniping very easy in this game. I kind of believe that shooting in this game should be similar with other fps games, so when you move you are more inaccurate. Only if this was implemented, snipers would only be useful when they are hidden and standing still. If this was done, it would completely remove any close range sniper combat like in the tunnels on islands and field.

Of course implementing this would veer this game off the original which will provoke much argument from people who wish this game was like the original.

If this can't be done (knowing how things are it won't) just keep the 500 sniper, or just raise the price to 750 and remove the ramjet.
Sniping is important to kill engies, but how they're able to control an infantry path all to themselves is a little dumb. I was thinking maybe a severe nerf to rate of fire for both snipers (-150%), or make both of them single shot clips. Either will force snipers to switch to their sidearm in close quarters and make them less dominant.
A rate of fire nerf to both would be a good way to rebalance them, close-range nerf would be making them more like "snipers" too.  Removing them entirely is a bit much.
Changed, absolutely. Removed: not so much. They -are- at least a hard counter to bloody engineers/hotwires behind tanks. However, the only thing that annoys me is still their CQC abilities. Aside from that, having snipers be snipers is 'OK' with me. Not exactly ecstatic about them, but they're okay.

I wouldn't be the least bit hurt if they lost hip-fire accuracy... or the ability to hip fire at all.
Busy writing everything, for everyone, for things I don't even know if I care about.
Where's the leave as is vote

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon